Audio visual technologies facilitate and enhance communication and training in the healthcare environment when
properly integrated into existing technology. Healthcare institutions are seeking to increase functionality and
the level of service they provide while decreasing their costs of operation.
Within the healthcare environment voice, video and data solutions are used for:
- Real-time, two-way voice and video communication between medical students and instructors
- Training rooms, lecture halls and auditoriums
- Staging of healthcare conferences and events
- Remote consultation and diagnosis
- Classes for children and the community in general health, safety, nutrition, family life and substance abuse prevention
- Distributed video content throughout hospitals and healthcare facilities offering health education channels, staff education channels and TV access.
- Integrated control of projection, display, networks, Web access, and security
- Remote control, monitoring and maintenance of multi-office facilities
athenahealth – Read the interview "Making It Happen" Getting the customer's perspective on managing AV projects.
athenahealth based in Watertown, MA helps over 23,000 medical providers nationwide enjoy faster payment, increased
collections, radically improved control over billing and clinical operations, and more time for their patient.
The company is a very collaborative organization therefore communicating quickly and seamlessly with their employees
is important To complete renovations at the Watertown headquarters, SSG designed and installed six new conference rooms;
five with ceiling mounted front firing projectors, and motorized screens; one with 52" LCD flat panel monitors; all rooms
contained with speakers for program audio, user computer interfaces via floor boxes, and wall controls for power, volume
and selection of sources. Two larger multipurpose rooms added portable 8 channel/microphone audio conferencing.
Genesis Behavioral Health
Genesis desired to migrate their disparate Exchange mail server 5.5 to a newer platform. Concerns over failures and
the inability to take advantage of the latest features drove their decision. Single Source Group successfully managed
the upgrade to a newer version of Windows and Exchange Server. Genesis benefited from better control of their user
accounts and domains with a simplified management process.
New Hampshire Project for Adolescent Trauma Treatment (PATT)
The Dartmouth Trauma Interventions Research Center (DTIRC) needed to provide treatments to New Hampshire children and
their families who have experienced traumatic events and have developed emotional reactions and problems related to
the traumas. With limited resources and diverse locations a video conferencing network was installed to connect the
DTIRC with child providers in the state's 10 leading community mental health centers, and within the NH State Hospital
Child Mental Health inpatient facility.
Healthcare Customers Include:
- Center for Life Management
- Community Council of Nashua
- Community Partners (Rochester)
- Concord Hospital
- Crotched Mountain
- Genesis Behavioral Health
- Northeast Delta Dental
- Dartmouth Medical
- Exeter Hospital
- Franklin Regional Hospital
- Katahdin Valley Health
- Lakes Region Hospital
- Martins Point
- Monadnock Family Services
- New Hampshire Project for Adolescent Trauma Treatment (PATT)
- Transform Pharmaceuticals
- West Central Behavioral